I like nachos, I mean it’s a great snack. But I really didn’t want to buy any groceries because I wanted to avoid the freezing weather as much as possible. So, I looked around to see what we had already in our pantry. This is a very easy recipe to make, hardly any real actual cooking involved. Perfect as an appetizer dish or a snack for one of your hangouts. Also, they just look so cute!
Nacho Potato Crisps
- Ground Turkey
- Green Onions (garnish)
- 1/2 of small yellow Onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Sour Cream
- Potatoes (I used the baby ones, because that was what I had on hand)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Spray your baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Slice your potatoes, ensure they are not too thin or too thick. Toss your potatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Make sure all potatoes are coated evenly.
- Roast the potatoes for about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are golden brown with a slight crisp, take them out to cool.
- While your potatoes are in the oven, use this time to cook your ground turkey.
- Have your pan on medium heat. Once heated, pour some olive oil in your pan. Add in your ground turkey and cook it until brown.
- Once your turkey is cooked, add in your onions and let that saute for about 4 minutes. Then add in your garlic and saute everything for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste (I like to add red pepper flakes).
- Once your potato crisps have cooled down. Get ready to top them off with your nacho toppings. Place your sour cream, ground turkey and salsa on each crisps. Then top each one with a sprinkle of sliced green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!