This muffin recipe is probably my go-to meal prep for breakfast because it is just so quick and filling. It is also a great way to use those overripe bananas just sitting on your counter because they add natural sweetness, meaning you don’t have to use sugar at all. But if you’re like me, a bit of chocolate in it is always a good idea. Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉. Either spray your muffin tin with non-stick spray or put cupcake liners in the tin.
- Mash ripe bananas in a mixing bowl, until all of it is broken down.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla extract with the mashed bananas. Use hand-mixer to combine the ingredients together.
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed. Then add the oats, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon with the wet ingredients. Mix once again.
- Equally divide you batter to fill each liner.
- Top muffins with slices of bananas.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 ℉. To check if cooked all the way through, insert in the center of the muffin and makes sure it comes out clean.