Ahh, it is officially the last day of 2018! So many things that have occurred and have experienced from what this year has brought me. As 2019 approaches, here are some of my top items that I’ve loved this year.
- Kiehl’s Turmeric and Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque – I LOVE THIS! Shoutout to my mom she was the one who introduced me to this mask. Amazing for exfoliating and a great way to brighten dull skin.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner (Rose Scented) – discovered this toner earlier this year and can definitely say that it will be a permanent item in my skin care routine down the road.
- Kate Somerville Eradikate Effective Acne Treatment – this is a miracle in a bottle for myself because it reduces redness and inflammation of sudden breakouts overnight.
- Glossier Boy Brow (Clear) – i usually don’t wear a lot of makeup, so just having my brows done is good enough for me. Boy Brow keeps my brows stay put through the hassles of what the day may bring.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Scrub – I hate chapped lips, so I like to exfoliate them to avoid this problem. This lip scrub does the job well!
- Doc Martens (Black) : I’ve had these boots for quite some time now (three years), but I continue to appreciate and love them. They’re very versatile and the style is just so classic!
- Daniel Wellington Classic St. Mawes : I just love this watch and it usually makes any outfit look put together.
- Moleskine Classic Notebook (Mint Green) : this notebook was a key factor in my life this summer because I wrote down all my blog post ideas in it. Also the mint green colour was cute.
- Eye Sleeping Mask : literally any kind, I have three. For me these are great because I can’t sleep if any lights are on, I like it completely pitch dark.
- Airplane Head Pillow : a life saver this summer when I was travelling. I was jetlagged and travelled around Philippines, so I napped when I could and this pillow was my best friend.
Books : I do my best to always try to find time to read since I very much enjoy it (although it’s difficult to have time for it with required uni readings haha).
- The Cather in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- Turtles All The Way Down by John Green
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Places This Year
Banff, Alberta : I’ve been to Banff before when I was younger, but I never really enjoyed it as much as I did on May of this year. I re-experienced the typical touristy attractions, like the gondola ride, exploring downtown Banff and Fairmont.
Siargao, Philippines : I had the opportunity to visit a lot of places around the Philippines this summer, but Siargao was surely one of the best places I’ve been to. Will surely want to go back again!
Vigan, Philippines : This place was incredible because you could truly feel the culture once you enter the city. The preserved Spanish architecture and cobblestone streets can make anyone feel like they’ve travelled back in time.
Baguio, Philippines : I wanted to visit Baguio because my mom has been there and it’s known to be one of the places many Filipinos tend to visit when they have the opportunity to do so. As well they’re well known with having really good and home grown vegetables (yes, one of the reasons I wanted to go here was because I heard their strawberries and lettuce are that good). It was an amazing visit and you’re all the way up in the mountains!
I’ve went through various emotions and experiences, I sincerely thank 2018 for it. However, I can’t wait to embrace this new year! Let’s start this 2019 on a positive note, leave all your negativities behind! Continue to spread light and happiness to whomever and whatever you may encounter this new year. See you all in 2019! Sending love to all of you. xx