I have to admit, I never really dealt with skincare as much growing up. I mean I was told to wash my face twice a day and moisturize daily, and I guess that was my skincare routine. As I grew older, I started to notice the different changes my skin had to go through. I found out I had very sensitive skin and I wasn’t able to just apply any kind of products on my skin or else irritation would occur. As well I’m very prone to milia, these are little bumps on your skin (I usually get them on my cheeks and by the side of my eyes) that are keratin build up. So, it’s pretty obvious that I have my fair share of skin problems based on what I’ve observed about my skin throughout the years. Now I’m much more aware of the products that I should be using and how often they should be applied. I’ve come to love the time and effort I put in my skincare routine because I think that’s the best way to see results in my skin. I have finally narrowed down the products that have been the most effective and have remarkably transformed on how I treat my skin. I hope that you guys check out some of these products!
Cleanser: OleHenriksen Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser
- Before I purchased this cleanser, I really wasn’t aware of what kind of cleanser I should be using. Luckily, due to my extensive research, I found that this OleHenriksen cleanser was the perfect fit for my skin type. The glycolic and lactic acids are types of chemical exfoliation, which is essential for my milia and acne-prone skin.
Toner: Thayers Witch Hazel in Rose Petal
- I LOVE THIS TONER! Words to describe this toner would probably be “life-changing.” Witch hazel is a natural remedy for inflammation, redness and excessive oil production. As well, because my cleanser can sometimes become quite drying, this toner soothes my dry skin and prevents it from drying out.
Moisturizers: Clinique Dramatically Different Gel and Neutrogena SheerZinc SPF 50
- Clinique: This is great moisturizer because it’s a gel so it isn’t as thick and greasy as a face lotion, which leads my skin to breakout. One of the things I love about this gel moisturizer is that it sits very well under makeup, because it dries very quickly.
- Neutrogena: I’ve recently just purchased this product and I have to say I was quite doubtful at first because I wasn’t sure how it would react on my skin. So far, it’s been a good product and I like how it’s sheer but also provides a decent amount of sun protection.
Serum: Valjean Labs “Glow Vitamin C + Magnesium” Facial Serum
- I have to thank my mom for introducing me to this serum. She bought one bottle of the serum and I remember her telling me how it made her skin soft and supple. So, tried the product for about 2 weeks and I just became obsessed! My lovely mother bought me my own so I don’t have to share with her, and I thank her for that. The Vitamin C and magnesium really helped reduce the look of my acne scars and my skin pigmentation issues.
Spot Treatment: Kate Somerville EradiKate
- Holy-grail product right here! Though it may seem pricey at first, it’s worth it in the end because it lasts for about 3 months. This product will dry your breakouts overnight, it’s insanely effective. I can’t say enough great things about this product. I love it!
Eye Cream: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Avocado Treatment
- I don’t use eye cream every night (I probably should though), but when I do I use this product. When you apply it on you under eyes, you can right way feel the moisturizing effect.
Makeup Cleanser: Micellar Water
- Micellar Water is a great way of taking off all my makeup. Here I have the Garnier Micellar Water, this is a very affordable brand of micellar water that can be found in local drugstores. Another great brand and probably my favourite one is the Bioderma Sensibio H2O, shoutout to my mom again for introducing this French brand.