I like to have available and healthy options as much as possible in my fridge, so it’s easy stay on track with healthy eating. One of the things I’ve recently gone back into are wraps (all thanks to my brothers). But I wanted a wrap that wouldn’t use your typical flour tortilla. As you know, I’m very into my greens and I’m always trying to find ways to incorporate them into my diet. Rainbow chard/Swiss chard is my new discovery in the edible green wraps department. Plus this delicious peanut butter sauce that is vegan and soy-free. Hope you guys enjoy!
Rainbow Chard Wrap
- Swiss Chard
- Turkey slices (optional)
- garlic hummus
- alfalfa sprouts
- purple cabbage (optional)
- 2 scoops of all natural peanut butter (I used a normal spoon)
- 2 tbs of coconut aminos (soy sauce is an alternative)
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- Cut out the end stems of the swiss chard.
- Boil a pot of water. Carefully place your swiss chard in the boiling water for only 10 sec, then remove.
- Lay your swiss chard on a paper towel or clean cloth to soak and dry the leaves. Do your best to carefully handle the leaves, so they don’t tear.
- While your swiss chard is drying, cut out all your other vegetables lengthwise.
- Once everything is prepared, start to make your wrap.
- My tip is to spread some hummus first on your swiss chard, so the produce and turkey stays put inside the wrap.
- For the peanut sauce, just mix your peanut butter, coconut aminos and sesame oil together. Add salt and pepper to taste if you’d like.