Spaghetti squash is one of my go-to vegetables because of it’s hassle-free preparation. However, I wanted to see what else I could make with this type of squash other than your good ol’ plain of spaghetti or lasagna dish. Since spaghetti squash will already come out as strands once roasted in the oven, the form reminds me of a potato hash. So, why not pan fry spaghetti squash and make them in these delicious fritters.
Spaghetti Squash Fritters
- Medium Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 1/4 cup Spinach
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1/4 cup of corn (I used the can corn, because it’s the most convenient)
- 4 tbs of almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs of nutritional yeast (optional)
How to cook the spaghetti squash
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise.
- Coat both halves with olive oil.
- Placed the inside of the spaghetti squash faced down towards the baking sheet.
- Put in for 40 mins. After timer is done, flip both halves of the squash. Check to see if the inside is tender.
- Once tender, scrape out the inside with a fork.
- Set it aside.
How to make the Fritters
- Prep all your vegetables. Chop the green onions and spinach. Drain your corn.
- Take your spaghetti squash and do your best to pat them with paper towels.
- Once all patted down, place in a bowl and put in the black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix together.
- Put in the other vegetables, eggs, nutritional yeast and almond flour. Mix everything together once again.
- Bring your pan into medium to high heat before pouring in a little bit of olive oil. Make sure your pan is hot enough before you start cooking the fritters, for a crispy texture.
- Use about 2 tbs of the mixture and do your best to make a patty. The size of the fritters depends on how you big you want to make them.
- Cook each fritter for about 3 mins on each side, or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!