You know those very typical individuals posting their acai/smoothie bowls. Well I am one of those people. I mean not only are they insanely quick to make, but it’s the best way to get in your greens if you’re really not fond of the chewing and taste requirements of salads. These smoothie bowl recipes have become my staples, especially after my workouts because they’re filling and the whole and natural ingredients are also very nutritious.
Green Machine Smoothie
- 1/2 cup Spinach or Kale
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk (add more for desired consistency)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 banana
- a few strawberries
- handful of frozen mangoes
- 3 tsp of hemp seeds
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- Toppings: hemp seeds, chia seeds, strawberries, bananas
- I blend my strawberries, bananas, avocado, mangoes and almond milk first. Depends on how powerful your mixer/blender is (I have the NutriBullet), I found that this was the most efficient way to blend my fruits without it overflowing.
- Then add in your choice of greens.
- Pour the smoothie in a bowl and top it of with your choice of toppings.
Berry Blast Smoothie Bowl
- 3/4 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 5 pieces of frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 dates
- Toppings: coconut shreds, cacoa nibs, kiwis, strawberries, bananas, hemp seeds
- Blend your frozen fruits with the almond milk first. If it’s too thick, add a little bit more almond milk or water.
- Then add in your banana, spinach and dates.
- Pour it into your bowl and place all of your choice of toppings.