Ever wondered what else you could use for the extra lettuce sitting in your fridge? Tired of the same old salad over and over again? Don’t get me wrong I love salads, but it does get pretty boring if it’s the same type of dish every single time. I’ve always liked the idea of wraps because you have the choice of fillings and it’s quite easy. For this specific recipe, I was inspired by a chicken lettuce wrap dish that I’ve repeatedly ordered at a restaurant. But I wanted to create lighter version for a healthier spin.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Romaine Lettuce or Butter Lettuce
- Ground chicken
- Green Onions
- 2 Carrots
- Can of Water Chestnuts
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Yellow Onion
- 5 tbs of hoisin sauce (adjust to taste)
- Optional: purple cabbage, bell peppers
- Prep and chop your all your vegetables.
- Have stove on medium heat, when pan is heated then pour a little bit of olive oil.
- Put in your onions first, sauté for about 2-3 mins or until onions become translucent. Then add your garlic, then sauté for another 2 mins.
- Once onions and garlic are sautéed, remove from pan and set it aside.
- Add ground chicken in your pan, ensure that the chicken is cook throughout.
- Once the chicken is done, add in 5 tbs of hoisin sauce (or depending on your taste). Mix the sauce well with the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add the vegetables from earlier, incorporate in well with the chicken.
- Once everything is mixed well, turn off heat. Serve it wrapping the filling with your choice of lettuce.