Who doesn’t like easy to make, healthy and of course delicious meals? I know I definitely do, because sometimes you just want to eat right away and you want the food you’re eating as healthy as possible. I love the idea of those macro/probiotic bowls because they’re packed with nutritious benefits and very easy to make. There are a ton of recipes and different combinations of macro bowls out there. For myself, I wanted to make a bowl that has ton of accessible veggies, grains and protein. I love a lot of greens and veggies in my meals, as well some type of protein. I know that a lot of macro bowls tend to use tofu or some type of soy based protein, I’d love to do that, but I’m allergic to soy based products. Like I mentioned earlier, it’s really your choice, you have the freedom to get creative with what you want to put in your bowl (just make sure to pick nutrient dense foods). Enjoy the recipe!
Quinoa Buddha Nourish Bowl
- I chose quinoa because I’ve always had a preference towards this healthy grain. It’s very nutrient dense and contains tons of fibre and protein.
- Spaghetti Squash
- To cook this, cut the squash in a vertical manner. Place it on a baking pan, then drizzle olive oil inside the squash. I tend to roast my spaghetti squash and sweet potato on a large baking pan, to cut the cooking time. Put in a 375 degrees fahrenheit oven for 35 minutes, or until inside of the squash is soft. Once done, use a fork to scrape the inside of the squash.
- Sweet Potato
- It really depends on your preference on how you cook your sweet potato. I personally like it roasted because it adds more flavour and the outside becomes slightly crispy!
- I LOVE SPINACH! I can probably eat spinach for the rest of my life, but I do like to have a variation on how to eat this leafy green. One of the ways I like to eat my spinach is to sauté it, preferably with garlic. In a medium heated pan, put some olive oil. Put minced garlic and sauté for at least 2 mins or until aroma starts to radiate (make sure you do not burn it). Then place as much spinach as you want.
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Purple Onions
- Roasted Shredded Chicken or your choice of protein