If you’re craving a chocolate chip cookie but want a healthier alternative, then these almond flour choco-chip cookies are for you! Nowadays, a lot more people are embracing different kinds of flour for baking, especially those who may choose to limit their gluten or dairy consumption. I was inspired to try and make this recipe because I wanted a cookie that would taste good and wouldn’t have too much sugar. Thus, this chocolate chip cookie was created.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1tbs of dark chocolate chips (depends how much you want)
- 3 tbs of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir dry ingredients together.
- Add coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, egg and honey with the dry ingredients. Mix altogether. Fold in the dark chocolate chip. Dough will be a like a typical sticky cookie dough.
- Make cookie like shapes (depending how big you want). Press down gently with fingers to flattened.
- Put in oven and bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown. Afterwards, let them cool for about 5 minutes .