Muffins are one of my favourite things to eat because they’re quick to just grab and eat, as well makes you feeling satisfied. However, store bought muffins can be full of added preservatives and sugar making them quite unhealthy. They obviously taste good but it isn’t that great for you, especially if you’re trying to eat more clean to stay fit. I’ve been experimenting with simple ingredients to figure out the best and tasty muffin recipe. I wanted to create a recipe that would be uncomplicated and would only require basic ingredients. At first, it was not my intention to make these muffins vegan but it wasn’t until I made a batch, where I realized that I didn’t put eggs and added almond milk instead. They are naturally sweetened from the banana, could even add a little honey. Anyways, these muffins are amazing for on the go breakfast when you don’t have enough time in the morning or simply craving a delicious and healthy snack.
Vegan Banana Choco-Chip Muffins
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 tbs of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Steps: Makes 6 Muffins
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the banana. Add almond milk and coconut with the banana.
- Add oat flour, cinnamon and baking powder with the liquid ingredients. Mix them all together.
- Put in the chocolate chips and the honey as well (optional).
- Mix everything together.
- Grease muffin pan with a little bit of coconut oil and then add the muffin batter.
- Put it in the oven for 15 minutes for 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take them out to cool down. Once the muffins are done cooling, go ahead and enjoy!